What do you think is the most important thing you need to know in your marketing?
It’s not what you offer. It’s not the problem you fix.
I would argue that the #1 thing you need to know is: Who do you serve?
In other words, who is your ideal client?
When you know who you serve, all of the other pieces fall in place:
- What is their challenge?
- How do they experience it?
- What do they need? (And what does the solution look like to them?)
- What does that sound and look like and feel like to them?
These questions lead not to just your problem and your offer, but the way you need to talk about those things so that the people you serve can hear you and learn why what you offer can help them.
Remember: this question I’m asking here is about your marketing. Or better put: Your messaging.
If you want them to listen to you and work with you, you have to first understand who they are.
I spoke about this at length in a Facebook Live video (embedded below), and I invite you to give it a watch. The people who were on Live with me asked some fantastic questions and we got into some really useful detail.
We talked about:
- Why people push back on figuring this out
- Why it’s important to get clear on who your ideal client is
- How this information will help you and your business
- The best last question to ask the people you speak with.
- ...and more!
We really got into it so I hope you find it helpful.